Help raise some money at the 2nd Annual Brutes, Bras and Bow Ties on September 16th. It’s for everyone touched by cancer, whether a close family member or a friend of a friend.
It is being held this year at the American Muscle Car Museum in Melbourne and promises to be a fun filled evening of Pink Heel Car racing, silent auction, and a tour of the biggest privately owned vintage car collection around. Over 250 cars worth more than 33 million dollars.
More info or to register visit: www.beyondboobs.org
Get your wheels in motion for the 6th annual bicycle event as you ride through some of the most picturesque and scenic terrain in Volusia County. Happening on October 1st at Volusia County Fairgrounds.
CF Cycle for Life is a fully-supported ride with route options of 32, 65 and 100 miles. From breakfast to the cycle post party, you can enjoy fully stocked rest stops every 10-12 miles, bike mechanics for bicycle maintenance and repair, ride marshals to cheer you along the way and plenty of support vehicles to help you complete the ride.
This unique event empowers participants to take action and demonstrate their fight in finding a cure for cystic fibrosis in a tangible, emotional and powerful way.
More info visit: fightcf.cff.org
Follow @CF_Foundation on twitter
Halifax Health, Hospice will celebrate the Spirit of Caregiving with the inaugural 5K Run and Walk on September 9th. This much anticipated event raises funds for the Family Caregiver Program, which provides one-on-one care for patients and entitles caregivers to much needed respite time.
As the first race in the Daytona Running Series, this event brings out a wonderful mixture of the area’s top competitive runners, as well as non-competitive runners and families. While competitive runners will be timed for placing and to receive points in the Daytona Running Series, the event also offers an opportunity for non-competitive runners, walkers, families and children to participate through the 5K walk/run and 1/8 mile Kiddie Dash.
This will be the second year as part of the Live Your Life Well Race Series. Funds raised from the 5K Run & Walk will benefit the Family Caregiver Program which plays an integral role in the health of both the patients and their caregivers.
You are invited to participate either as a runner, walker or volunteer. More info visit: runsignup.com
Follow @HalifaxHealth on twitter
Harvest season has arrived at Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards. Join them for their 23rd Annual Harvest Grape Stomp on August 19-20th.
It’s time for some grape stomping competitions while listening to continuous live music the entire weekend by superb local musicians. Plus Lakeridge wine, beer, soft drinks and a variety of food is available for purchase, along with complimentary winery tours and tasting.
The popular wine and cheese bar will be located upstairs in the wine shop and will be open Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4pm during the festival. The wine and cheese bar features all of our famous wines along with beer, more live entertainment, and of course lots of cheese.
This is always an exciting time of the year for Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards as they prepare to bring in the harvest for another year. It’s also been a long standing tradition at the winery to celebrate that with the Harvest Grape Stomp and that means it’s time to “get stomping”.
More info visit: www.lakeridgewinery.com
Follow @LakeridgeWinery on twitter
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival at Walt Disney World returns August 31st until November 13th.
Shop, dine and discover must-see Festival events from book signings and top chef tips to much more. Plus enjoy international foods where you will find 30 unique kiosks, you can nosh on the spot or take to go. Culinary demos, beverage seminars, master mixology, cake decorating and other fun food and drink techniques. Drink in the history, production and tasting rituals of wine and bourbon at the beverage boot camp. Also cheese seminars and guest speakers.
Check out some sizzlin’ sounds from BIG artists including:
- Delta Rae – August 31st – September 1st.
- The Hooters – September 2-3rd.
- Baha Men – September 4-5th.
- Fuel – September 6-7th.
- STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas – September 8-9th.
- Lauren Alaina – September 11-12th.
- Plain White T’s – September 13-15th.
- Sister Hazel – September 16-17th.
- Air Supply – September 18-20th.
- David Cook – September 21-22nd.
- Everclear – September 23-24th.
- Sugar Ray – September 25-27th.
- .38 Special – September 28-29th.
- Mark Wills – September 30th – October 1st.
- American Authors – October 2-3rd.
- Christopher Cross – October 4-5th.
- Devon Allman – October 6-8th.
- Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX – October 9-11th.
- Taylor Dayne – October 12-13th.
- Jeffery Osborne – October 14-15th.
- Postmodern Jukebox – October 16-17th.
- 10,000 Maniacs – October 18-20th.
- Toad the Wet Sprocket – October 21-22nd.
- Kenny G – October 23-24th.
- Billy Ocean – October 25-26th.
- Tiffany – October 27-29th.
- Hanson – October 30th – November 1st.
- Blue October – November 2-3rd.
- Living Colour – November 4-5th.
- Boyz II Men – November 6-8th.
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – November 9-11th.
- Squeeze – November 12-13th.
More info or to purchase tickets visit: disneyworld.disney.go.com
Follow @WaltDisneyWorld on twitter
Tampa Bay Sports Commission and the Event Development Institute will join forces once again to host the fourth annual Tampa Bay’s Tailgate Taste Fest presented by Coca Cola Beverages Florida. The Bay’s best tailgating foods will be on display as the festival returns to Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa on September 30th.
Enjoy the day’s best college football matchups on large LED screens, live music, cold beer courtesy of Pepin Distributing and plenty of the best food from around Tampa Bay. Kids and adults alike will enjoy family-friendly activities in the Stubb’s BBQ Fan Zone featuring activities from some of the area’s sports franchises.
Admission is FREE and the event is family- and dog-friendly. Food sample wristbands and VIP packages are available for purchase online now as well as on site the day of the event.
More info visit: tailgatetastefest.com
Follow @SportsTampaBay @CokeFlorida on twitter
Party louder and play later at the newly revamped Busch Gardens “Summer Nights” kicks off June 16th until August 6th.
Featuring park-wide party zones, summer cuisine, thrill rides in the dark and an all-new summer ice show.
- Fiesta Festa – Cheetah Hunt Plaza transforms into the Fiesta Festa party zone, complete with an immersive and authentic Latin experience including lively entertainment and a flavor-packed menu, including slow roasted mojo pork, jerk chicken empanadas, and chicharróns. This area will also feature several drink options including sangria, margaritas and international and domestic beer selections.
- Luau – Pantopia becomes the Luau party zone with tropical drinks, entertainment inspired by the islands, and a Hawaiian-inspired menu, including huli huli chicken, Hawaiian barbecue ribs, and pineapple cheesecake parfait as well as tropical cocktails, craft brews and much more.
- Vibin’ Village – The Vibin’ Village party zone takes over Stanleyville and will transport you to Africa with an immersive experience of tribal entertainment and an authentic cuisine featuring craft beers, artesian wines and cocktails, chicken mafi with peanut sauce, tamarind shrimp watermelon cooler and a smoked chicken pocket with harissa.
- The Moroccan Palace is now home to the hottest show on ice, Turn It Up. This all-new, original ice show vibrantly celebrates summer with contemporary performances, aerial moments and eclectic pop music.
- It’s not summer at Busch Gardens without thrill rides in the dark. Florida’s top thrill rides will be open for Summer Nights, including favorites like Falcon’s Fury, Cheetah Hunt, SheiKra and Busch Gardens’ newest spin coaster, Cobra’s Curse.
More info or to purchase tickets visit: seaworldparks.com
Follow @BuschGardens on twitter